Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Firsts



Yesterday temps were in the upper 80's so we headed to the beach for our first time of the season. The water temp was only 58, but the kids still swam for almost 2 hours! It was so fun to see them splashing in the waves, throwing the football to each other, and building on the sand! Nothing beats kids laughter, waves, and sand between your toes (ok, the 3 inches of sand in the van I could do without....)
Today the kids will eat lunch at school for the first time. Last night I packed their lunches for the first time. Growing up my dad packed my lunch with love and that is something I want to pass on to my kiddos. Today is a 'practice' for next year, they eat in the cafeteria with the 1st graders. They are so excited. Yet again I find myself in awe of how fast they are growing up!
On an exciting "last" note, today is the last day of my PATH class at Hope College, I'll be on summer vacation from that job :)

1 comments:

Chuck, Martha and Family said...

did you make those lunch bags! cute!