Thursday, April 9, 2009

What have we been up to....

Spring break is over half over, and here is a bit of what we've been up to.....

  • Strep throat. After days of on and off fever and exhaustion for the girls (mind you they never once said they had a sore throat!), I took them to the doctor on Monday. Abby got her throat swabbed and it was determined that both girls had their first case of strep throat. Sophie owes Abby big time for taking one for the team! So far (knock on wood) somehow Noah has not come down with it. I'm waiting.... The amoxicillin has been amazing, and they are doing MUCH better!
  • Easter Egg dioramas. We did paper mache with tissue paper, it was hard work and the kids were troopers. As it dried, I wasn't sure it would work because it was so thin (the actual project called for multiple layers that would have taken my kids 10 hours!). We decided to give it a try anyway and I carefully popped the balloon and cut a door opening. The kids were thrilled with the results as we carefully placed grass and tiny bunnies, etc inside. LOVE IT!!
  • Nests. We used clay and sticks and built our own version of bird nests. They are darling and creative! I made each kiddo a bird a few months ago, so now they have a home!
  • Gingerbread Bunny Hutch. It's a kit, don't be too impressed. Daddy helped with this one as the kids designed, frosted and decorated our bunny hutch. They did great! I didn't get a finished product photo, but I will get one before they eat it!!
  • Snuggles. We've spent a lot of this week snuggling, and watching movies as the girls get their strength back up.
  • Reading. We are almost done with 'Little House in the Big Woods' The kids are loving it!!
  • Talking about what Easter is really about. One night I quizzed the kids as to the true meaning of Easter. Noah piped up, "It's about when Jesus came out of his CAGE". I cracked up, surprised. Sophie quickly corrected him, "Cave Noah, Cave". Love it!

I hope your week is blessed.

1 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

Sounds like a crazy week.

I'm reading through the Little House books with my girls right now too. We're on Farmer Boy. I think Mike and I are enjoying it as much as the girls are.

Happy reading!

Happy Easter!