Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009!

Our second week of Christmas break flew by! We LOVED having daddy home for 16 days! The kids are spoiled rotten! We had the chance to be lazy for a few days, do a great cleaning of our house, celebrate New Year's Eve with our wonderful friends the Bolt's, and travel to Livonia to play at Cranbrook's Science Museum and celebrate Gordie's baptism. It was wonderful! The kids are excited to go back to school tomorrow, Tom isn't so excited to return to work, but is deeply greatful to have a job to go back to. As for me, I'm looking forward to a little peace and quiet when the kids are in school, but truly it doesn't get much better than having your family home together for the holidays! I'm a bit sad to see it end! Happy 2009!

2 comments:

joan b. said...

The kids loved having Daddy around for two weeks, didn't they! Glad you had such a great Christmas season - love the pictures :)

Thanks for the unexpected blessing of spending time with you and the kids today! Grandma really appreciated your visit, too. I have a really great picture of her with "I love you" in sign language. Wonderful afternoon!

Denise said...

I loved the two week break too, and got used to staying up late and sleeping a little later :) wasn't ready to go back today (well, not me, I mean Kristen).
Got your PIF gift in the mail today :-)